One of my main New Year Resolution for 2014, was to read more. Every year, I make that resolution, but never live upto it. This time, I decided to be more specific. I decided to read 3 books a month - comic, fiction, non-fiction, anything, but three in quantity. I thought this would be a good idea.
Its been precisely three months as I type this, so let me give you an idea of all the books I’ve read so far:
- Maximum City by Suketu Mehta
- The Sandman by Neil Gaiman
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Selected Feluda Stories by Satyajit Ray
- Hatching Twitter by Nick Bilton
- Jaya by Devdutt Patnaik
Although I didn’t quite fulfill my resolution, I’m happy I managed to finish the 6 books. The good news is that I’ve recently been gifted a brand new Kindle Paperwhite, and that’s made life much easier. I plan to finish the following books in the coming 2 months; I hope I’m able to accomplish it this time, with the Kindle’s help!
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again and Other Essays by David Foster Wallace
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X and Alex Haley
- Meditations by Marcus Auerlius
- Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis
- The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig
I’ll be posting my favorite lessons from these books, much like my blogging inspiration, Derek Sivers, whose page Books I’ve Finished Recently is what I wish to emulate, and someday, eclipse.